Touring Terms and Conditions
- We aim to provide the very best service to all our guests. Please discuss your requirements with us. We will do our very best to help. Our full access statement is available on our website (www.treloy.co.uk). If you need these Terms and Conditions and our Booking Form in a different format, please ask us.
Park Owner (referred to as “we/us/our”)
|Business name:||Treloy Touring Park Ltd|
|Address:||Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4JN|
Who may stay with us
- The person who signs the Booking Form is responsible for the booking and must be 18 years of age or older.
- Only the people named on the Booking Form may stay with us.
- Your booking is personal to you and you cannot assign or transfer it to any other person.
- We cater for families and couples only and do not accept groups. If you request a booking for more than two people, we may ask you to provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family.
- If you request a booking for more than one Pitch, then we may contact you before deciding whether to accept the booking to help us decide whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for.
- You must tell us if your booking request is connected to any other booking, for example because you know the other party or you share a common purpose in visiting the park. If you do not tell us about a connection, we may cancel your booking immediately and (if your stay with us has started) require you to leave the park. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our administration charge of £50.
How to book
- Bookings can be requested in the following ways:
8.1. Online at www.treloy.co.uk
8.2. By telephone on 01637 872063
- You must tell us your full requirements, for example if you are bringing any vehicles, tents or other structures. We need this information when deciding whether we are able to accept your booking and we may not be able to accommodate changes.
- A contract exists when we have issued our confirmation to you. We strongly recommend that you insure against any financial loss you would incur if you needed to cancel your holiday.
- Please check our confirmation carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please let us know of any difference within seven days unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
The price you pay
- Our prices include VAT.
- The price will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
- When you request your booking, you must pay a deposit of £50 per week or part week of the price of your holiday or (if you are requesting to book 28 days or less before the start date) the full price.
- Unless you paid in full when requesting your booking, the balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 28 days before the start date. No reminder will be sent to you. If the balance is not paid in time, then we may cancel the holiday and retain your deposit as our cancellation charge.
- Please make sure that you book all the dates you need. We are not able to guarantee that we will be able to extend your booking. There is an optional extra Specific Pitch charge of £15 extra per booking if you chose to select a specific pitch. This Specific Pitch charge also applies to requests to be pitched next to other bookings. Changes to bookings will incur a £5 admin fee.
Arrivals and Departures
- Pitches are normally ready by 12 noon (and we ask that you do not arrive before this time). You must tell us if you are likely to arrive later than 6pm. Admission to the park will not be permitted after 9pm, you must let us know if this will be the case and we will discuss your options with you and arrange for your pitch to be available from 9am the following morning. This is to ensure compliance with our all quiet from 11pm policy.
- If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival, we may release your booking. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our administration charge of £50.
- You must vacate by 10am on the day of your departure otherwise an additional night will be charged.
- We will try to allocate you the location of your choice on the Park, but bookings are not conditional on this.
- Your location on the Park and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt, please check with us. Any guest staying in the wrong location may be required to move.
Changes caused by exceptional circumstances
- We may make reasonable changes to our Services. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws, guidance and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk.
- If we make changes which mean we can only provide your holiday in a radically different way, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us or cancelling. We prefer that you postpone rather than cancel but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
- Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us or because we are no longer able to provide your holiday for any other reason outside our control. Again, we prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
- If you decide to cancel in any of these circumstances and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund any days unused. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will only deduct any costs we have already incurred which we cannot recover elsewhere (“Direct Costs”). We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
- Either of us may also cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If we cancel and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs. If you cancel in these circumstances, we will refund on the same basis but may deduct any Direct Costs. In neither case will we be liable to make any other payment to you.
- We prefer that customers who are unable to take their holiday agree to postpone to a mutually convenient date. However, you may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us in writing or by email as must include name, booking reference number and dates of holiday. We recommend that you insure against any financial loss you would occur if you needed to cancel your holiday.
- If you cancel under clause 28, cancellation charges are payable as follows unless you are doing so because we are in serious breach of our obligations in these terms and conditions:
|Cancellation received more than 28 days before start date||No charge: full refund (excluding any deposit)|
|Cancellation received 28 days or less before start date||Charge is 100% of the deposit paid (£50 per pitch, per week). You will only be entitled to a refund if we rebook the pitch. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our £50 administration charge.|
- You are not entitled to any refund if you or any of your guests leave before the end of your holiday, unless clause 24 or clause 26 applies or we are in serious breach of our obligations in these terms and conditions. If we are in serious breach of our obligations, we will refund you for the days of the holiday which have not been taken.
- We may also cancel your holiday if you breach any of these terms and conditions. Clauses 50-52 give further details.
Authorised means of payment
- You may pay us in any of the following ways:
- Online at www.treloy.co.uk by logging into your account
- By debit or credit card payment in person by phone or at the Park office. We accept all debit and credit cards except Amex.
- We are confident you will be happy with our service. If you have any complaint, we encourage you to discuss it with us as soon as possible as this gives us the best chance of resolving it with you. If you remain unhappy, please contact us again within 28 days of your departure and we will try to help.
Please refer to:
|Job Title:||Manager Telephone: 01637 872063|
There are CCTV security cameras in use around the Park.
Our promises to you
- We will allow you to stay with us for the duration of your booking for holiday and recreational purposes, provided you comply with your obligations in these terms and conditions and except where exceptional circumstances prevent us from doing so.
- We will provide, maintain, and keep in good state of repair the Services, except where these have to be interrupted temporarily for the purposes of repair or development or for other reasons caused by exceptional circumstances outside our control.
- We will insure the Park against usual third-party risks to a minimum of £5,000,000 per claim.
Your promises to us
You agree that you will:
- Keep to these terms and conditions and the Park Rules.
- Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
- Pay promptly for your holiday and other charges due to us.
- Pay to us interest at 3% per annum over the published base rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time on any undisputed sums overdue from the due date to the date we actually receive such amounts from you, both before and after any judgment that we may obtain against you.
- Not cause any damage during your holiday.
- Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence, which is always available on the Park at reception. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which may affect you include those requiring the space between tents, caravans, and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures and those regarding car parking.
- Not make any alteration to any accommodation or Pitch.
- To permit us to move you to another location on the Park if necessary. We will ensure that any alternative location will be of similar quality and be responsible for all reasonable costs incurred.
You agree to, and you must make sure that you, your party and any visitors (including, in each case, their children) keep to, the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and anyone visiting, using or working on the Park including other customers.
- To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or other people using the Park.
- 48. Not to:
48.1. Commit any criminal offence (whether or not on the Park or in its vicinity) which causes your name to be entered on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or causes you to be subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these);
48.2. Use the Park in connection with any criminal activity or commit any other criminal offence (i.e. any offence not already subject to clause 48.1) at the Park or in its vicinity;
48.3. Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance or on the Park;
48.4. Use fireworks on the Park;
48.5. Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on the Park, this includes BB guns;
48.6. Keep or use any unlawful drugs on the Park;
48.7. Create undue noise or disturbance or commit antisocial behaviour on the Park;
48.8. Carry on any trade or business at or from the Park;
48.9. Permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) to use or visit the Park.
- You agree that if you or any of your family members or visitors or guests whom you have invited to the Park break the behaviour standards listed above then we may terminate your booking.
Cancelling the booking because you are in breach of these terms and conditions
- We may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations in these terms and conditions and the breach is not capable of being remedied or is such that it causes a breakdown in the relationship between you and us (for example violence or intentional damage to property), by serving upon you reasonable notice in writing to cancel your booking. In deciding what period of notice is reasonable, we shall have due regard to the nature of the breach and other relevant circumstances. In appropriate cases, this may mean requiring you to leave the Park immediately.
- If you are in breach of any of your obligations under these terms and conditions which is capable of being remedied (for example, a failure to comply with the behaviour standards in clauses 46-49 which has not caused a breakdown in the relationship between you and us) we may write giving you warning, specifying the breach and asking you to remedy the breach within a reasonable and specified time. If you do not comply with that warning and the breach is either serious and/or amounts to persistent breaches of obligation, which taken individually would be minor but which taken together cause a breakdown in the relationship between you and us, we are entitled to write to you to cancel your booking. In appropriate cases, the warning we give you may be very short and we may then require you to leave the Park immediately.
- If we cancel your booking under clauses 50 or 51 you will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our £50 administration charge.
Changing the Park Rules
- It may be necessary or desirable to change the Park Rules from time to time, including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the Park, environmental issues, local authority requirements, and/or changes in law or regulations or in the interpretation of law and regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing using your contact details on the address on the Booking Form.
- Any changes made to the Park Rules after we accept your booking may affect you because you will be required to comply with the changed Park Rules but will not affect anything else to which you are entitled under these booking terms and conditions.
- We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent using the details for us in these terms and conditions and for you on the Booking Form. Email may be used.
- “Park Rules” means the rules of conduct and practice issued by us from time to time and applicable to the Park. The Park Rules which currently apply to your booking are in Part II of these terms & conditions.
- “Pitch” does not include any part of the Park except that on which the accommodation in which you are staying stands.
- ” Services” means the services which we have promised to make available without a separate charge to you, for example any utilities to your pitch. Services for which we make a separate charge are provided under separate agreements and not these terms and conditions.
- “Site Licence” means the caravan Site Licence applicable to the Park issued to us by the local authority under Section 3 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and other relevant statutes.
- “You/your” means the person making the booking and all members of their party excluding children under 18. Where there is more than one person, each is fully responsible for the obligations in these terms and conditions.
- References to taxes and laws are references to them as extended, amended or replaced from time to time.
These Park Rules are in place for the good management of Treloy Touring Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the contract between us for your holiday. They should be read alongside your booking Terms and Conditions. The Park Rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the booking Terms and Conditions. The expression ‘you’/‘your’ refers to all members of your party. You must make sure that anyone using the park is aware of the Park Rules. You are reminded that we may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations, including these Park Rules.
- You must use the Park safely and should not cause danger to others.
- You must obey all health and safety notices displayed on the Park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
- You are solely responsible for securing the Caravan, tent or other accommodation.
- You may only use alarms of the silent, monitored type and not audible alarms.
Swimming pool safety
- You must follow the procedure for use of the swimming pool and all the separate rules applicable to the pool. The rules and procedure are displayed at the swimming pool and are also available at the Park reception.
- Please do not play music around the pool.
Permitted number of occupiers
- Your accommodation/pitch may only be used by the people named on the Booking Form.
Visitors to the Park
- With prior agreement, we may allow your visitors at our discretion. Your visitors may not arrive before 12noon and must leave the Park by 8pm. They must stop and register at reception, where you can meet them. Please note that for safety and security reasons we do not allow visitors to drive around the Park and we will not enter their car registration into our ANPR barrier system. Your visitors are not permitted to use our facilities.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors adhere to the Park Rules.
- You are responsible for keeping the area around your pitch clean and tidy.
- Payment for an electric hook up includes a fee to cover use of a single 16amp electric socket for light domestic use such as lighting, tv, kettle, toaster etc. It isn’t suitable for charging Electric Vehicles or powering large appliances such as space heaters. Only one electric cable per pitch can be plugged into the electric hook up post, no adaptors/splitters to increase your electrical capacity are permitted. We cannot guarantee a full supply during periods of high demand or under conditions out of our control.
- You must not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, babies’ nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease or paint.
- The usual opening and closing dates of our facilities are provided on our website. However, the dates and times of opening may be subject to change depending on seasonal fluctuations or unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to advise you at the time of booking of any changes at that stage, otherwise please always check prior to booking if this is important to your stay.
- The availability of our facilities is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Trees and shrubs
- You must not cut any trees or hedges at the park. If you find any tree or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory you should take the matter up with us; do not deal with it yourself.
- You must not plant any tree or shrub.
- You must not climb any tree.
- It is illegal to smoke or use e-cigarettes inside enclosed public buildings.
- You may only use washing lines of the rotary type or the windowsill type.
- You must site washing lines to avoid inconvenience to other caravan owners and park operations. Please do not attach lines to trees or hedges.
- You must not leave refuse outside your caravan/tent. You must use the refuse bins provided.
- Recycling points are available on the park and you should use these facilities where appropriate.
- You must not feed wild birds or animals.
Vehicles, driving and parking
- You must insure all vehicles you use on the park as for use on the public road.
- You must insure all accessories and items towed by vehicles (such as towed boats and jet skis) as for use on the public road.
- You must not keep disused or unroadworthy vehicles anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
- Motor vehicle repairs must not be carried out at the park, but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown.
- Quad bikes, trials bike, hoverboards, go-karts etc. and powered scooters are not permitted on the park.
- You must not wash cars with a hosepipe.
- No commercial or sign-written vehicles unless by prior written agreement. We will refuse entry to vehicles carrying ladders and tools.
- We permit cars onto the park for the purposes of access to the pitch only. Accordingly, save to the extent that you may need to do so because of a disability, you must not drive cars round the park for other purposes such as visiting other locations on the park.
- Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads.
- You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
- You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
- You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the park and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the park.
- There is a speed limit on all park roads of 5mph, which must be adhered to.
- We allow a maximum of 2 motorised vehicles per pitch.
- Electric cars cannot be charged at the park by any means, including the use of an electricity supply or hook-up.
- We can advise at reception the arrangements for charging electric cars.
- We operate a security barrier with Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Please try to avoid accessing the park during the hours of midnight to 6am. You may be asked to leave your vehicle near reception. You can exit the park at any time.
- Due to the numberplate recognition system on the barrier, customers must ensure that their number plates are clean and undamaged. Some non-standard plates may require a barrier remote, for which there is a £20 deposit.
- You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
- Parking spaces for 2nd vehicles or visitors are very limited and may be a distance away.
- You must not park anywhere except on the pitch allocated to you.
- You must not park on the roadsides.
- Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
- light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
- vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle.You must park, and move off, with great care for pedestrians and particularly for children.
- You should respect the privacy of other users of the park and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 7am with absolute quiet between the hours of 11pm and 6am.
- You must keep away from any vacant pitches.
- No woodburning or open fires are permitted.
- All barbecues (charcoal or gas only) must be raised off the grass – bricks are available for use with disposable barbecues. Please allow containers to cool before disposal. You must finish any barbecues by 10pm.
- You may only consume alcoholic drinks within the boundaries of your pitch or on the park’s licensed premises.
- You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the park.
- You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- You may not ride bicycles, scooters or similar so as to cause a nuisance or undue noise.
- All chemical toilets must be emptied at the designated Chemical Disposal room (there is one at each shower block). You must only use ‘green’ environmentally friendly biodegradable liquids.
- If you use CCTV, you must warn visitors to your Caravan, tent or other accommodation by a prominent external notice attached to it, the format and wording of which you must agree with us (our agreement not to be withheld unreasonably). The CCTV may only capture images of the area immediately around your Caravan, tent or other accommodation and not of any other part of the park, such as any path or road, or any other caravan or its pitch and the area immediately around it.
- You must not use the park’s water supply to fill paddling pools.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are permitted.
- A maximum of two well-behaved dogs per pitch, and no dogs listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 2014 and 1991. Your dog must be kept on a short lead (max. 2 metres) on the Park at all times.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are not permitted in the following areas of the park: shop, shower blocks, swimming pool, launderette, dishwashing rooms, nature area, Café.
- You must tell us before you visit the park if you plan to bring any pet or animal and answer any reasonable question about them and their suitability for our park environment. If we are not satisfied that the pet or animal is suitable for our park environment, we may tell you that you cannot bring them. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
- Any pet or animal you bring must be supervised by and under the control of you, or of a responsible adult in your party, at all times. This means you may not leave any pet or animal unsupervised in a caravan, tent or other holiday accommodation or anywhere else on the park at any time, apart from small pets which live in a cage, aquarium or similar and which may be left safely for short periods. Nor may you leave any pet or animal under the supervision of any person aged under 18. These rules apply even if the pet or animal knows the park well and you believe them to be well-behaved.
- If you do not supervise and control any pet or animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. Depending on the circumstances, you may not be allowed to bring it back, or may only be allowed to do so with our written permission, which we would not withhold once our reasonable concerns have been addressed. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
- If you see another pet or animal anywhere on the Park which does not appear to be supervised by and under the control of a responsible adult, or whose behaviour gives a cause for concern, please tell us straight away.
- You must use the Dog Walking Area and Dog Exercise Field to exercise dogs on the Park.
- You must clean up if your animal defecates on the Park.
- Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
- Football and other ball games should be played in the Recreation Field.
- You may not use drones, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying objects on the Park.
- You may not use skateboards, roller skates or rollerblades on the Park.
- You may not use any powered model car or similar toy on the Park.
- You may not use the Park address for postal deliveries unless with prior agreement.
- We allow grocery deliveries, but you must arrange to meet and unload these outside the reception area, before the barrier. We are unable to receive deliveries on your behalf.
- Children must be supervised whilst on the Park and are the responsibility of their parent or guardian during their stay.
- Never allow children to play near or in the pond or stream, as there are areas of deep water.
- Children must not play on the Play Area before 8.30am or after dusk/9pm.
- Children under the age of 16 should not be left unsupervised in your accommodation or on the park.
- An adult must accompany small children to the toilets.
- You must ensure that all occupants of your Caravan, tent or other accommodation are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the contents of the Fire Notices displayed at each point.
- You must not store fuels or combustible materials other than removable containers on the park.
- For any lost property, please contact the Park reception as soon as possible as any lost property will be disposed of after one month.
- We regularly take photographs and videos for promotional purposes and we occasionally receive requests from third parties to film on the park. Should you not wish to appear in any material, please pay attention to the notices we put up when pictures are being taken.
- Photography is prohibited in the children’s play area, swimming pool and wash blocks.
- Where others may reasonably expect privacy, you must obtain their agreement before taking a photograph in which they are identifiable. Examples are when they are in accommodation or on a pitch [or in our swimming or sports facilities].
- Wi-fi is available across the Park for a small fee, payable by card on your device.
- Our wi-fi is restricted due to our rural location and is not suitable for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home.